Hakan Yıldırım has a Turkish-Crimean Tatar origin and he was born in one of the Tatar diaspora, Eskisehir, Turkey. He is an experienced lecturer with a demonstrated history of working in the higher education industry. Currently, he is a lecturer in the Department of Computer Programming, at Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Turkey. He was a member of the Center for Distance Education at the same university. He was a visiting Ph.D. scholar in the School of Engineering Education, Purdue University, USA in 2021-2022 as a TUBITAK fellow. He is skilled in mobile learning, e-learning and instructional design.
He received his B.A. in Computer Education and Instructional Technology from Anadolu University, Eskisehir, Turkey in 2007. He received his M.A. degree in the Department of Distance Education in 2017 at Anadolu University. Currently, he is a Ph.D. candidate at Anadolu University which is a mega & open university with more than one million students. For his dissertation, he is working on "blockchain in open and distance education". His research interests include blockchain technology, human-computer interaction and learning management systems. He has more than 10 articles published in refereed journals and conferences.
He is a co-founder and the CEO of Asystee EdTech Ltd., an educational technology start-up that aims to apply emerging technologies in open and distance learning, located at the Anadolu University Technopark funded by TUBITAK in 2020. The company's main operations include designing, developing, and integrating sustainable e-learning environments, whether in the cloud or on-premises.
If you would like to discuss any topic in more detail, please do not hesitate to arrange an online meeting with him.
- Mobile learning, blockchain technology, human-computer interaction, learning management systems, and instructional design.
Freelance Front-end DeveloperSelf-employed
Jan 2004 - Present
- Working within various team as a front-end developer with a strong focus on web standards, semantics, accessibility and progressive enhancement (HTML/CSS/JS).
CEO & Co-FounderAsystee EdTech, Eskisehir (TR)
July 2021 - Present
Visiting Ph.D. ScholarPurdue University, West Lafayette (USA)
April 2021 - January 2022
- Granted by TÜBİTAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey)
Senior Lecturer & Research AssociateEskisehir Osmangazi University, Eskisehir (TR)
Nov 2010 - Present
- Teach courses on algorithm and programming languages, web design, instructional design, and mobile development.
- Member of the Center for Distance Education
IT Expert, Web Design & Interface SpecialistMehmet Akif Ersoy University, Burdur (TR)
May 2009 - Nov 2010
- Re-architected CSS/HTML codebase of the responsive website for better maintainability and performance.
- Delivered front-end work for various projects to the backend team.
- Offered guidance and support to the design team, advising on core web design principles, best practice and work flow.
LecturerIstanbul Aydin University, Istanbul (TR)
Jun 2008 - May 2009
- Teach courses on graphic design, web design, instructional design.
- Member of the Center for Distance Education
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Distance EducationAnadolu University (TR)
Aug 2017 - Present
- Thesis Title: Identifying Research Priorities and Needs in Blockchain Technologies for Open and Distance Learning
- Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Gülsün Kurubacak
- This programme leads the education of experienced individuals, scientific researches, the creation of projects on open and distance learning, and publishing the outcomes of these researches and projects.
Master of Art (MA) in Distance EducationAnadolu University (TR)
Jun 2010 - May 2017
- Thesis Title: Mobile learning: A case study on restructuring information on vocational schools of higher education
- Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Mehmet Kesim
- This programme has led to educate experienced individuals, design scientific researches, conduct projects and publish the outcomes at open and distance learning area.
Bachelor of Art (BA) in Computer Education and Instructional TechnologyAnadolu University (TR)
Jun 2002 - Oct 2007
- The main goal of the programme is to provide academic perspective in Computer and Instructional Technologies, to determine problems in the field, to raise future academicians, and to carry out applied scientific studies about instructional design and computer education.
- This programme intends to include all kinds of practical and theoretical aspects of the field of study and it aims to equip students with theoretical and practical background on instructional technology so that they can serve as efficient K-12 computer teachers, instructional technologists and designers who can analyze learning needs, design instruction, develop training materials, implement training and evaluate the effectiveness of instructional products.
- TÜBİTAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey), 2214/A - International Research Fellowship Program (for PhD Students) 2019/1
- TÜBİTAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey) 1512 - Multiphase Entrepreneurship Grant Program 2020/1
- You are on Our Minds, Erasmus+ KA220-VET, 2022-2024, Ref: 2022-1-TR01-KA220-VET-000086566, Legal Entity Appointed Representative at Asystee EdTech Ltd.
- RESTART4EDU Project Restart for Education in a Digital Era through Project-based E-learning, Erasmus+ KA226, 2021-2023, Ref: 2020-1-RO01-KA226-HE-095772, Researcher at ESOGU
- Evaluation of the Usability of Mobile Learning Applications with Eye Tracking Techniques, Anadolu University Scientific Research Projects, 2016-2017, Researcher
- Examining of Facilitative and Obstructive Factors to Mobile Learning in Higher Education within the Framework of Activity Theory, Anadolu University Scientific Research Projects, 2015-2017, Researcher
- Effects of Learner-Content Interaction Activities on the Context of Verbal Learning Outcomes in Interactive E-Books, Anadolu University Scientific Research Projects, 2015-2017, Researcher
- Designing Online Asynchronous Learning Platform of English Courses in Eskişehir Osmangazi University, Eskişehir Osmangazi University Scientific Research Projects, 2014-2016, Researcher
- Web development of the ESOGÜ Scientific Research Project Application Software, Eskişehir Osmangazi University Scientific Research Projects, 2011-2013, Researcher